5. Presentation on July 4th

1. Topic
・My strengths and weaknesses
・My goals for the future
・An experience that I've learned from

2. ⑴ Saya
The presenter Saya talked about her strengths and weaknesses. She was not sure what they were,
so she asked her mother about them. Then she told her that Saya is hasty, a worrier and doesn't hesitate. Firstly, according to her, it takes her 15 minutes to go to shcool, but she makes it a rule to leave home 1 hour before the beginning of school. Furthermore, she's a worrier, so just in case, she always carries a lot of things in her bag such as band-aids, contact lenses and some ointment. Judging from this, it's very safe to say she's an absolute worrier, but I think being prudent is good.
Secondly, she told us a person who Saya respects. Her name is Emiri Aizawa, who used to be a hostess, but now she's the president of a company. She says "Everything is up to me.", "Don't compare yourself to others." (I paraphrased.) Saya loves these words.

I thought mentiong a quotation by a famous(?) person was a good idea because it can draw attention of audiences.


⑵ Kenta
The presenter Kenta talked about his strengths and weaknesses. Firstly, he is mentally strong. According to him, he was against his boss's bad behavior and attitude in workplace where Kenta used to work part-time. (The boss seems to harass some workers, steal some cash from a cash register and then intentionally make his subordinates' incomes low.) Therefore, Kenta got determined to grumble at him about this and resist. Secondly, he tries everything that he wants to do. When he was a junior high school student, he dove off a high place into the sea. He is so fearless as to do this kind of thing. In the future, he wants to be a pilot and he's not sure whether he can do it or not because it is extremely difficult, but he's determined to try. Thirdly, he gives in to temptation and he's not disciplined. He said he wastes his time watching TV and others, so he has decided to write down what he may be regretting in 5 years, which he thinks can stop him from spending his time for nothing. The conclusion in his presentation is that your future can be changed by your efforts.

Your real experiences have told us how your strengths and weaknesses are. Your presentation could be inspiring because at least I have the same weakness.

⑶ Nanako
The presenter Nanako talked about her strengths and weaknesses. She didn't know what they were until she has become a university student because she has time to reflect on herself now. The first strengths of her is that she thinks positively about everything. Her joining a volunteer activity abroad is a good example of this. She believes that "The darkest hour is just before the dawn." The second one is that once she sets her mind on something, she will immediately carry out it. I believe that thinking twice is important before doing something, but that can be a strength. One of her weaknesses is that she is not good at expressing her views. Another one is that she does several things at once. I think that the latter weakness of her can lead to ending up with finishing none, so just accomplishing something on your own pace will bring about success.

After becoming a university student, I sometimes reflect on myself too. I know how difficult expressing my views in my own words.

⑷ Saki
The presenter Saki talked about her goals for the future. First one is visiting a lot of countries. She loves studying English and wants to learn it deeply at university. She's also interested in intercultural communication and each country's food, culture, sightseeing spots and others. Second one is taking her grandparents to a trip. When she was a little child, her mother had an accident and was in hospital for a while and then her grandparents took care of Saki. To show her appreciation for their care of her, she has decided to do that with her first income in the future. I think that you have a lot of goals for the future other than the two ones above, so you made me consider carrying out something to realize my own goals for the future. Thank you.

Your goals are clear and can be realized, so I thought setting practicable goals and achieving them one by one are  important for success in the future.


3.
I should have memorized the note and prepared some materials to make my presentation more understandable. I will reflect some comments by my group members and make the best use of them.



Comments

  1. If you prepare materials I understand your opinion well. But your English was easy to listen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can speak English fluently and has so many vocabulary, but your speaking pace, tone, and intonation is a little bit strange, so it is hard to me to listen his presentation, so you should try to fix it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1. Presentation on April 25th

4. Presentation on June 20th

6. Presentation on July 18th