4. Presentation on June 20th

1. Topic: Success

2. (1) Taisei
The presenter, Taisei talked about some famous people, who attained success. Firstly, he talked about Thomas Edison who was an inventor in America. One of the wise sayings is "I have not failed. I've found 10,000 ways that didn't work." Secondly, about Bill Gates who founded Microsoft company and who is a successful business person. Taisei mentioned three key points for success according to Bill Gates. The first one is putting a bluff. He ventures to tell something too difficult to be realized, but he manages to realize it. I have thought Gates is the person who pushes himself to the limit. The second one is being competitive. Since Gates was a child, he has been competitive in every situation. I have thought that trying to be second to none is important for success from this key point of Gates.
The third one is deciding a particular theme.
I thought the third one is helpful for us to have a sense of purpose when doing something. Taisei talked about 2 people with a variety of materials such as photos, so I think it was a good idea.

(2) Yoshika
 The presenter, Yoshika talked about Alain whose famous saying is "Success does not always lead to satisfaction" (I have paraphrased what Yoshika said about his saying). According to her, Alain was called a modern Socrates by his adherent, so I bet he must have been way ahead of his time.
And then, Yoshika mentioned her own experience at Christmas. She planned a party and it was not only just a Christmas party but also a birthday one for several friends of her. The party ended successfully, and here's what Yoshika told us: Small successes became a challenge or another success.
I thought that if I thought I did something successfully, I shouldn't be satisfied with it because if I stopped persevering in my efforts, I would never achieve success in the future. Yoshika's presentation and Alain's thought inspired me to think that I should make continuous efforts for my efforts to bear fruit. Yoshika's way of telling about Alain and her experience was consistent.

(3) Hikari
 The presenter Hikari talked about the process of success in her opinion. She thinks that not giving up and making continuous efforts will lead to success. She used to be a caretaker of a volleyball team, but human relationships of her weren't going well, so she was about to quit belonging to the team. She was hesitant to do that, and in the end, she decided to continue to belong to it. Now in retrospect, she strongly thinks that it was good to decide not to leave the volleyball team. This is because she thinks that if she had left the team, she might regret that now. I thought she is super-positive. She thinks her communication skills have improved because she overcame her past problems, and the skills are helpful when she does a part-time job. The conclusion of her presentation: having many contacts can lead to success and your success depends on your efforts.
Actually, one experience of me is similar to hers. When I was a high school student, I used to belong to a volleyball team. However, when I was a senior, I had a relationship problem with a coach, so I was on the edge of leaving the team. In the end, I didn't do that, which made me think that it was really good not to quit playing volleyball. I think her telling a real story in her life was a good idea to tell the audience how her decision in the past led to her present life.

(4) Nanako
 The presenter, Nanako talked about the definitions of successes made by several famous people: Barack Obama, Edison, Mark Cuban, Warren Buffet and Bill Gates. For me, one of the most impressive definitions of success is "how many people love him". I don't care even how people around me think about me, so I didn't understand it at first. However, now he is a very famous person and also he is known to do lots of things for charitable purposes, so in light of this, the definition by him is convincing.
At the end of her presentation, she told us the definition of success for herself: being kind, eating delicious foods. She seems to think that small things are satisfactory for her, which can be a success for her.
Nanako's idea that small good things can be a success sounds new to me, so it is very interesting. I have never thought like that. Besides, your presentation made me think that I should make everyday count for success.

(5) Rie
 The final presenter, Rie talked about the key to success, which is habits in daily life. And then she mentioned 10 ones made by successful people. I will tell them simply.
1. Getting up early. (This is because human beings can be clearheaded after early rising, and you being an early bird can lead to good ideas occurring to you.)
2. Working out, exercising.
3. Having your own peaceful time.
4. Eating healthy foods, which is nutrient and organic.
5. Making plans.
6. Making routines.
7. Keeping a diary.
8. Focusing on the solution of problems
9. Setting a goal for success.
10. Believing in yourself.
When I asked her to tell the audience her good habits and bad ones, she told that her good one is to drink water after getting up, which is a good routine for her health and her bad one is going to bed late and getting up late (She is a night owl).
I think Rie has known these good habits to be a successful person, so through practicing some of these, she will take a step forward to realize her dream.

3. I didn't prepare for any materials, so I should have done that. Besides, I didn't rehearse my presentation or memorize the note, script. Other presenters mentioned some people related to success, so I would like to take other presenters' presentations for account to improve my presentation, but anyway I have to practice my presentation beforehand.









Comments

  1. You made an presentation without seeing your script and you communicated with us by asking us about topic you chose, so I was surprised that. However, you didn't have any materials that help your ideas easy to understand. If you prepare for the slides, we can realize your explanations and the background of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You told about Harry Potter, so if you have materials, it will be easy, I felt. Your voice and pronunciation was so good! Please keep going. I was in a same group with you some times and I listen your presentation many time, and it is being better, I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve never known about J.K.Rolling well, so it was so interesting for me. You spoke the person’s personal history in detail, so I could understand the successful person well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your choice was better because J.K.Rolling is one of the most successful people in the world and Harry Potter Series are famous. But, some people might not know the work. I think you are good at comunicating with people using some questions, but the lack of material spoiled that good pont of you. Therefore, for people who don't know what you want to introduce, you need some materials in your presentation. Next time, let's use them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can understand your presentation without your materials because your sentances were easy to understand. But if you prepare for it your presentation will be better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1. Presentation on April 25th

6. Presentation on July 18th